• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 18, 2021

    Rust I pretended to be brand new to Rust

    Rust I pretended to be brand new to Rust


    I pretended to be brand new to Rust

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 10:37 AM PDT

    Being able to pick up and put wounded player over your shoulder to safety so you can fully pick them up normally in a safe location behind cover (CONCEPT LIMBO)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 07:47 PM PDT

    Must be my lucky dau

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 01:15 AM PDT

    To Devs: Pls Add to Roadmap

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    New meme format!

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 01:43 PM PDT

    Turrets placed above a cave room. (More in comments)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 06:57 PM PDT

    you cant get this gaming experience from other games

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 06:19 PM PDT

    And when exactly will that happen?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 07:39 PM PDT

    Message for the folks playing the Rust Beta

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 07:23 PM PDT

    When friend is sus

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 11:27 AM PDT

    Maybe we should update the Google description for RUST

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 05:12 PM PDT

    Why is it foggy 90% of the time in the desert?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 06:19 PM PDT

    Helk, Alistair, why the hell is it always foggy and raining in the desert?? I have never been to an actual desert IRL but since you guys added this shitty weather it has been foggy and raining in the desert the majority of the time. For example on Rustoria - EU Medium it has been foggy for the last 8 hours and has rained the majority if that time too. That is realistic and isn't very fun to play. The amount of free kits I have gotten from people crashing minis into the water because of the fog is too damn high. The amount of times I can't see a SAM site while flying, the amount of times I can't even see the base I'm getting roofcamped from, etc. Is too damn high.

    Why is it like this?

    submitted by /u/Jamesdaniel28
    [link] [comments]

    A Under-Utilization Discussion

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    Rust is a makeshift game, or it is at the very least meant to be. Cobbling together a strategy with what resources you have and doing what you can fits the core of making-or-breaking in a decayed world. Maybe you've got blueprints but no resources, so you lay low and recycle to get that. Or you've got a few good guns but not much else, so you go looking for fights. These aren't complex examples of make-shifting, but it's what most people can relate to. What I like, however, is taking that to an extreme.

    Every wipe I'll start with a 2x1, only making additions to fit my exact needs at the time, whether that's an oil refinery section, a loot room, or a trade-window airlock to deter prevalent doorcampers. When I found myself near it, I gave compound-bow running Large Excavator a shot (It's shit, I do not recommend it). When a hot-air balloon spawned outside my base, I used it for a ride to outpost, despite warnings against it by everybody I knew. I'll spend hours on a build server seeing what sort of tricks I can pull with anything from Salvaged Shelves to Fireplaces and Netting. Rust is a game where I'd rather be a Jack of all trades with a million little tricks up my sleeve. But far too many times, it just doesn't work.

    My biggest disappointment was cars. For multiple wipes, I've tried to utilize them as best I could, but every time I'm stopped dead in my tracks by how much goddamned time it takes to get so much as a beater on the road. I'll admit that I'm very much limited in my reach, since I do most of my experimentation while playing solo, but I feel like too many times Rust has punished me for sticking my neck out and doing anything other than the meta.

    That's why I'd like to start this discussion. Do you dislike rock-solid metas as much as I do? Do you often give potentially underrated items a shot? Have you found a particular item especially surprising/disappointing? What should the developers do about it?

    TL;DR Is the divide between meta and non-meta items acceptable? If not, what needs fixing?

    submitted by /u/ToasterPyro
    [link] [comments]

    Sometimes losing a minicopter isn’t that bad.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 07:33 PM PDT

    How to not be offlined?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    Is there anyone here who for the most part doesn't get offlined due to good base design? No matter how hard I try it always happens, most recently on a solo server with a bare minimum 40 rocket raid plus 20 turrets to deal with. I can't even last 2-3 days on a server nowadays and I really don't want to switch to pve but this is really discouraging

    submitted by /u/Character-Ad-34
    [link] [comments]

    You f*ckin-

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    2016 graphics

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    for me, looking back at 2016 rust vids the game looked and sounded 1000% better, i love the old ambience and animations, i kinda wish rust would bring those old graphics back

    submitted by /u/AlexTheGuy12345
    [link] [comments]

    Just to remember you how to get Free Helis in Outpost :)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 08:17 PM PDT

    will this pc be able to run rust? <3

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 04:18 PM PDT

    hey guys, my buddy is buying a pc to specifically run rust on low settings and for it to be playable. Was wondering if this pc could handle that. <3
    The Build:

    motherboard: asus prime b450m
    cpu: amd ryzen 5 2600x
    gpu: asus geforce 1030 2gb
    ssd: 240gb
    psu: 550watt

    submitted by /u/Woodiify
    [link] [comments]

    Getting more consistent frames per second in Rust

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    Hi, and may I humbly take 5 (or more 🙃) minutes of your time...

    If you probably didn't guess it, I'm not looking to get higher frames. I already have plenty of frames (from let's say 75 and upwards to 160) and a high refresh rate monitor set to 144Hz, but it just feels like it's 60 or lower (despite me staring at the fps counter like it's a ticking bomb, and clearly seeing at least a 75, at the lowest possible dip).

    I've seen some streamers such as youngusik, and to be frank I was absolutely blown off by how beautifully the footage looked at a flat 60FPS (absolutely... butter-fucking-smooth, like it drank WD40 every morning), which is what got me to create this post. I haven't seen any guides on how to make them more consistent (only "HOW TO GET HIGHER FRAMES" stuff) so I guess I have to summon the power of r/playrust to help out.

    Any and all improvements to make things more consistent are welcome, and don't hesitate to get techy and nerdy, I'll do my best to replicate and understand.

    Thanks a lot for your time

    Kindly, G

    submitted by /u/GreenHavok
    [link] [comments]

    Quarries are bugged?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 02:19 AM PDT

    Mic problems please help!!!

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 07:39 PM PDT

    I have an app to raise its gain because my mic is generally quiet connected to my mic (there's no separate input for it) but it won't let me speak in Rust game chat for some reason and it's annoying me a lot. It used to work but it doesn't seem to work now for some reason. Can anyone help? I've tried everything to fix it!

    submitted by /u/waydarkerthanbefore
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel