• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 4, 2020

    Rust The Struggle

    Rust The Struggle


    The Struggle

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 08:34 AM PST

    We even had an AK

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 08:12 AM PST

    10,000 fireworks and the server still managed. Crashed a lot of people in the server.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 01:14 AM PST

    No Honor Among Nakeds

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:46 PM PST

    I like to call this one "The Wipe Day"

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 01:08 AM PST

    Is this seems oddly specific it’s because it is

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 04:06 PM PST

    It's been a week. The map is coming along. Much has changed. Later this week I will post screenshots. But for now.. what do you think? And I checked.. it's been 3 months since I started this.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 07:05 PM PST

    my heart was racing but i was hella happy

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 01:28 PM PST

    Feels good man

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 09:19 AM PST

    Any custom maps fans out there? I've been working on a custom, Prison Escape - type monument/map/game mode: Cobalt Detention Center. Here's the first official sneak-peak: watch correctional officers "encouraging" inmates to give it their best on the prison yard!

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 08:46 PM PST

    Everybody gangsta till there's a bear in the safezone..

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:03 PM PST

    I wanted to see what would happen you built a wall in front of the cargo ship

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 11:20 PM PST

    When spam whores attack

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 07:14 AM PST

    GAMEBREAKING RUST EXPLOIT - FLY THROUGH ANYTHING (BASES, MONUMENTS, ETC)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 09:12 PM PST

    "Dude I just spawned"

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 09:37 AM PST

    Christ almighty

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 05:38 AM PST

    Going deep in 1990 circa. [ALERT - - Spanish Gibberish]

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 08:11 PM PST

    [SOLVED] RustClient.exe Stops responding when joining server

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 04:54 PM PST

    I know there are a number of folks in the community who have been experiencing this issue for some time (some as far back as September). Some, like myself, tried everything they could find to no avail.

    I've finally resolved the issue for myself. A cheap chinesium USB game pad I use for games like Rocket League, Dead Cells, et al, which I had plugged into my tower 24/7 appears to be the problem.

    Today I launched Rust and unplugged all of my peripherals except my mouse. I joined a server and immediately disconnected my mouse as well. To my amazement, the game loaded into the server with no issues. I plugged in my keyboard and was able to wake my player, and then walk forward. Still the game didn't freeze. Then I plugged in my mouse. Bashed a tree for a few seconds. Still didn't freeze. Then...I plugged in my game pad, and the game crashed.

    So, if any of you are experiencing this....go through the same troubleshooting steps. Unplug everything and see if the game loads for you. If it does, plug in one peripheral at a time and see if you can isolate the problem.

    If you read this and it does fuck all for you and your game continues to crash, then I'm sorry for giving you false hope :(

    My previous thread can be seen here: https://www.reddit.com/r/playrust/comments/epv9sm/support_rustclientexe_hangs_while_joining_any/

    The USB game pad I have is this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JJHBRN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    It's nothing fancy. No RGB (something I'd read others saying things like RGB Keyboards/mice causing issues) so I'd never suspected it as being the problem.

    If this did help you, then help spread the word to anyone else you know who is experiencing this incredibly frustrating problem. Cheers folks.

    submitted by /u/ThatGuyGetsIt
    [link] [comments]

    You have to kill nakeds before they can craft an instrument.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 10:49 PM PST

    it has been a clutchy day. 3v1 lmao

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 08:05 AM PST

    Massive fireworks display with schematics. Links in post.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 10:28 PM PST

    Video - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/545506886

    Sorry in advance for long post. If you don't want to read it all or watch the whole video, the actual fireworks show kicks in at exactly 17:00 into the video and kills everyone at 21:40

    So on a PVP server I have been on for a while now, I spent the last week or so prepping and testing out things with the fireworks. I ended up making a full on show last weekend on Saturday that was designed to imitate real ones. This was done with many electrical components including timers, test generators, switches, dozens of counters, and hundreds of electrical branches.

    The main setup was a switch to start it all off that fed into a splitter. That splitter then fed to a timer from outpost 1 and to a blocker from output 3. The timer had its delay set to 1, the output went to pass-through on the blocker, and the blocker output went to an electrical branch. The branch off went to the toggle on the timer, with the power out going to the first series of electrical branches. Up to this point I have to give mad props to ShadowFrax and his clock video as it is what I based the initial system off of. I'm sure I would have figured something out for it, but this made it a lot easier. From here on is where it deviates from his setup quite a bit.

    The main loop electrical branch went to a series of other repeating electrical branches. The branch off from these each went to the incremental port of a counter, and the electrical pass-through part went to the next branch in the series. The show was set up in stages, with stage 1 having 11 total counters set with this. The first 10 counters then had their own individual pass-through counts and the output from each went to it's own igniter. The 11th counter was set to 100, and fed into the next stage.

    The second (and subsequent stages) had a slightly altered setup, though mostly identical. The alteration here was the addition of each new stage timing setup getting it's own test generator to provide power, and an AND switch. The AND switch was set up in place of the manual switch. The 11th counter from the first stage fed into the A side, and the generator into the B. This generator was used to power this stage of the counters. Stage 2 had 13 counters total, with the first 12 being to igniters, and the 13th being to the 3rd stage. 3rd stage was set up identical to this except with more counters to go off in quicker succession.

    To actually power the counters, I had a separate constant power system of 6 test generators feeding into a main line (overkill I know) via root combiners, giving me a total output of 600 power. This was then fed into a very very long system of chained branches, with the branch out going to the counter power in, and the pass-through going to the next branch. I also had a separate setup that was mostly the same, except it had a switch between the generator and the first branch. These branches then branched off to the "clear" port of each counter that I had running. This was used heavily in testing to reset all counters simultaneously and also kill the 2nd and 3rd stages, as since these didn't have a manual switch and their own dedicated generator, even when the primary source was turned off, they continued to run. I'd also like to note here that all electrical branches used in this process were left at the default branch setting of 2, since that was enough for each counter and igniter to work fine.

    Then I had a grid system set up to have the fireworks themselves placed into. If it had all gone as planned, it would have been about a 6 minute show, with 20-ish hours of set-up and testing to make sure things went accordingly in the first place. The show itself actually went off without a hitch, with everything activating as it should, however this is where Rust's non optimized system decided to have fun and say f-you to all of the players. Everyone crashed during the finale as they dropped to 1 frame per second or less. I do plan to recreate this again after wipe and have plans to not only make it bigger, but drag it out longer, extending the finale stage out over 3 or 4 stages by itself. The server went through it all fine, so it was just too much to load player side for folks. One person even got a temp ban by the EAC when they crashed out:(20:32:35) | [EAC] Kicking ****************** / p********* (Excessive packet loss)(20:37:16) | [EAC] Kicking ****************** / p********* (EAC Temporary Server Ban (expires in 10 minutes)

    The video attached here was taken by one of the admins on the server and you can see a good bit of the external setup at the start. The actual fireworks show kicks in at exactly 17:00 into the video. The problem kicks in around 21:40 where frames straight drop and everyone starts to die. This is also where the artificial sun in the form of a giant column of fire was created. I have also left a couple links with a sketch of the system, and a screenshot of most of the inner workings. I'd love some feedback to anyone that's familiar with the electronics in Rust as for ways that It could possibly be optimized, though I don't see much room for that with how many individual things the system was set to do. I may also look into having a remote start set up next time so that I don't need one of the admins to flip the switch then fly up to the viewing area. The goal for the next show since I will have all wipe to test and optimize will be for about 20 minutes long, with a finale that doesn't kill everyone.

    https://imgur.com/a/Da7wzEX - sketched planhttps://imgur.com/a/p2q2Ztz - internal setup screenshot

    submitted by /u/LitheValkerian
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone getting flashing textures, especially shadows?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 06:35 PM PST

    I haven't played in a few months and hopped on today and noticed.

    submitted by /u/djbootybutt
    [link] [comments]

    That moment when you know you fucked up | Rust Fails

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 06:26 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel